Cool Reader is a versatile, vivid and easily customizable ebook reader for Android phone or tablet, which is perfect for ebook handling right from the app’s GUI without any third-party components and modules. The app is distributed entirely free and supports operations with all the contemporary file formats, excluding books with DRM-protection. In order to get acquainted with Cool Reader closer, download its Android version from our website.
File formats supported by Cool Reader for Android
The product allows to read the books of the following formats: fb2, epub (without DRM), chm, html, rtf, doc, txt, pml, mobi (without DRM), prc, pdb, tcr.
Cool Reader for Android: features and options
Here is a general review of the app’s abilities and features:
- Full FB2 support: CSS styles, tables, footnotes in the bottom section of the page, font settings, colors, cross-line interval, indentations.
- Cool Reader automatically recognizes the encoding (UTF-8, Unicode, Latin-1, KOI8-r, CP1251, CP866) of the text files and the layout of the text structure (paragraphs, headers, quotes).
- Textures or plain color for the background.
- Animation of pages turning — as in the paper book or usual toggle.
- Compatibility with dictionaries: Aard Dictionary, Fora Dictionary, GoldenDict, ColorDict.
- Customizable actions for buttons or sensor display zones.
- Auto-turning of the pages. You can set up the interval for the pages to be turned automatically, or enable/disable the procedure.
- Adjustment of screen brightness and contrast. You can set the brightness level by swiping through the left edge of the screen.
- Day and night Cool Reader profiles (two configuration sets of colours, background, brightness levels).
- Reading aloud via embedded TTS-engine. In order to implement the reading aloud possibility, SpeechAPI 4.0 and 5.1 interface is applied.
- Attachable spelling dictionaries with individual settings for each distinct voice engine available within the Cool Reader mobile application.
- Bookmarks, table of contents, search by text.
- Bookmarks on the text fragments (quotes, commentaries, fixes).
- Export of bookmarks to external text file.
- Export of formatted text into TXT, RTF or HTML file.
- Remembering the list of recently opened files, file position, bookmarks.
- Recording of MP3 audiobooks in order to listen to it on an MP3 audio-player later.
- Advanced configuration of styles with CSS layout.
- Built-in file browser. Convenient list of recent books.
- Compliance of Cool Reader with online book catalogues (OPDS): lib.ololo.cc, flibusta, etc.
- Unlimited access to one of the most popular platform of e-books shopping, LitRes.
- Capability to read book files directly from ZIP-archives without decompression. Viewing the contents and unpacking the RAR, ZIP, LHA, ARJ, HA archives.
- Selection of text and copying the fragments into clipboard with double or prolonged tap on the screen of mobile device (optionally).
- Viewing illustrations with scrolling or scaling by a prolonged tap on the image.
- Multilingual localization of the program interface.
In addition to the Android version, you can find other Cool Reader versions for all the up-to-date desktop platforms: Windows, Linux, macOS.
Indeed, Cool Reader is a superior choice for those who appreciate all-in-one program packages that are able to open, recognize and read ebook files without any difficulties. If you want to have a personal opinion about Cool Reader for Android, use the free download from our page.
|Name||Requires Android||Current Version||Format||Link|
|Cool Reader||1.5 and up||3.2.32-1||.apk||Download|